Ready to apply? Click on the yellow button to launch our online application form in a new window.
Applicants who meet the Early Admission average for their program of choice using final grades in a combination of five grade 12 admission subjects and grade 11 admission prerequisites can receive Early Admission.
International students attending high school in Canada must also obtain a study permit as part of their application process. For more information please visit our International Students page.
Check the Requirements
Submit Your Application
Start Your Application
Begin your online application by clicking on the "Start My Application" button above.
** Please be advised that we are currently experiencing issues with Internet Explorer. If you encounter issues and are unable to submit your application, please login and continue you application in Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. **
- Deadlines: May 1st is the deadline to apply for all direct-entry programs, but be sure to double-check for program-specific deadlines and deadline extensions
- Apply early! The deadline to apply for most direct-entry programs is May 1st, but if you apply earlier and meet the criteria, you may be granted Early Admission.
- $115 for undergraduate students new to the university
- $75 for current or former UAlberta undergraduate students (including those from Augustana)
Please note that the nonrefundable application fee is payable online by Visa or Mastercard only.
Questions about your application? See the Application FAQs.
If you are unable to submit your application online, you may download a PDF application form.
Applicants to Campus Saint-Jean may submit the Campus Saint-Jean PDF application form.
Note: If you are using Mozilla Firefox, the application form may not display correctly in your browser. You should download the PDF file to your computer and open it using Adobe Reader. Alternatively, you can access the form using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Safari.
Check Your Email
After you submit your application:
- You will receive an email with your new Campus Computing ID (CCID) and password. You will then use this information to log into your @ualberta email account at apps.ualberta.ca.
- You will receive a separate email with your unique 7-digit UAlberta Student ID number. Keep it handy – you’ll need it throughout your degree!
Apply for Scholarships
- Find out how you can offset the cost of your degree with scholarships and awards.
- Check the deadlines, read the application criteria, and how to apply online on the Scholarships and Awards page.
Apply for Residence
Want to get the full university experience? Come live with your fellow classmates in residence!
- Discover all our residence options for first-year students at residence.ualberta.ca.
- Apply early! April 30, 2013 is the deadline for guaranteed housing for first-year students on North Campus.
Sign in to Bear Tracks
You will also need your CCID to access Bear Tracks, our secure online student service system. Once you’ve logged in to Bear Tracks, you’ll be able to:
- Check your Application and Admissions Status
- Check your To-Do List
As soon as we receive all of your outstanding items, we will update your application status to "Complete." If and when you receive Early Admission
, you’ll also be able to register in courses on Bear Tracks (see Step 9).
Submit Your Documents
Your application will not be considered for final admission until your final, official transcripts have been received by the University of Alberta, along with any other required materials
- Check your To-Do List in Bear Tracks to find out how, where, and when these documents need to be sent
- Note: some programs require an audition, portfolio, or interview as well. Check Bear Tracks for details.
Alberta high school students: The University will obtain your provincial high school transcripts automatically as part of the application process.
High school students outside of Alberta: You must ensure that a copy of your transcript be sent directly to the University from your province’s issuing authority.
Learn more about submitting transcripts and other required documents »
Pay Your Tuition Deposit
Effective for the Fall 2014 term, students who are offered admission must pay a non-refundable $500 Tuition Deposit in order to become eligible to register in courses. Students can pay this deposit on Bear Tracks, and it will be credited towards their final tuition amount.
See Student Tuition Payment Options for details on how to pay tuition and fees.
Register in Courses
Sign in to Bear Tracks to confirm that you’ve received Early Admission and to check your Enrollment Date
- Registration for Fall and Winter courses begins as early as April.
- Start building your schedule early to ensure the best selection of classes and times.